- 26 September 2011
Christmas comes but once a year… Are you making the most of it? Visual merchandising & profit enhancement for Christmas training course.
Embrace Christmas this year with the help of design director, Lara Snider, who has prototyped displays showcased in over 1000 windows and shops worldwide! Now that is a lot of Christmas magic!
- Be inspired by over 100 Christmas slide images Lara has collected from around the world
- Review successes and failures and discuss how to avoid common mistakes
- Discover clever ideas for window displays that will bring customers through your doors, keep them in the shop, and put the tired tinsel back in the box
- Showcase a display that will put your competitors to shame and drive more foot traffic to your centre
- Learn how to brainstorm ideas, and get tips on the practical aspects of budgets, installation times, sourcing information and ordering lead times
- Understand how each retail offering and brand needs to be communicated through the window
- Discuss the profitability of businesses enhanced by strong VM and Christmas displays
- Share photos of your shopfront and instore displays. These will form the basis for a group discussion about the challenges and opportunities within your centre (each retailer must bring printed copies for 1 of their shops)
- Learn to make existing product more Christmas friendly
- Work in small teams to discuss a current set-up in Arboretum and have Lara do a mini 'Challenge Anneka' where she shows ways to re-work and re-think the shop set up
- Take home a mini manual with the highlights from the day and best practice tips
Lara has worked in retail for over 12 years & is passionate about the modern day shopping experience. She is from NYC, lives in London and has a consultancy business with clients all over the globe. Starting with Anthropologie in New York, Lara was instrumental in opening 50 stores across America. In addition, she has also worked for: Ralph Lauren, Hobbs, NW3, White Stuff, Aarong (Bangladesh), and Ann Taylor (US), among others.
Lara tracks local and global trends, conducts case studies and market analysis, trains teams, sources for props and scours markets for display materials. She has built up an extensive library of varied imagery from around the world - a central feature for her inspirational ideas. .
Lara’s worked on and off screen as a presenter, project manager, designer, and retail expert for RTE 1's 'Fergal Quinn: Retail Therapy.' The programme, had a strong 30% market share. (450,000 viewers).
- Payment is in advance or by cheque on the day. Non payment on the day will result in the non member fee being charged
- Member fee without funding form €100 (€10 cash rebate to members returning forms on the day)
- Non member fee €180
- Forms available & to be returned on the day Cash rebate of €10 given to members in exchange for forms returned on the day
Trainer: Lara Snider
Venue: Arboretum Lifestyle & Garden Centre
Date: Wednesday, 5th October 2011
Time: 10 - 5pm
For queries or to book your place, please email Anne firstname.lastname@example.org