- 10 November 2011
The contract below was awarded to McAvoy Contracts Ltd of County Down. Dublin City Councils’ Parks and Landscape Services Division recently invited tenders for the construction of a new playground in Fairview Park, Fairview, Dublin 3. The following is a brief non exhaustive description of the site, works and requirements that were sought under the contract.
Description of Fairview Park and Site Location
Situated in the heart of Fairview between the Dart line and the Tolka River, Fairview Park is a well known Dublin Park. Measuring approximately 18 hectares. The proposed playground is to be located centrally within the park, but within view of the main Fairview Road. The site is generally level.
Fairview Park Site Works
The proposed landscape works include for the following items:
- Site Preparation, demolition works, site stripping and tree removal.
- Site Structures, a low seating wall and tensile structure.
- Playground fencing
- Pathways and paving areas
- Playground safety surface and treated timber boardwalk.
- Site services, lighting ducting and cabling, surface water drainage and attenuation.
- Feature 10mtr high lighting columns
- Feature 1.5mtr high lighting bollards
- Site fittings, including – seating, bins, bicycle stands, play equipments, interactive play equipment and skatepark.
- Landscaping, including – tree shrub and grass planting.
Redevelopment of existing park with a view to open up facility to greater use; The redevelopment includes for the provision of performance area, skateboard area, large kids play area, interatcive play area and the introduction of both hard and soft landscaped areas and associated planting.